Yesterday was the first day of Fall. Hard to believe because it was 86 degrees and humid here. Cooler temperature are on the horizon and honestly after the sticky summer we had, I’m actually looking forward to it! But not the snow that will fall. Absolutely not!
With the passing of every season, I look back and think “I wish we would have….” I thought maybe if I made a list to have something to back refer to, we might actually do some if not all of these off!
- Apple picking at least once. There are so many awesome orchards so close to us, I’d love to take Z to a few of them including Jollay Orchards, where we had our engagement photos taken!
- Make an apple pie and applesauce with said apples.
- Play in a corn maze and take a hay ride.
- Decorate the front porch with hay, punpkins and mums.
- Take a Sunday drive just to look at the leaves and visit tiny towns along the way.
- Pick pumpkins at out favorite local pumpkin patch – Gene the Pumpkin Man
- Drink way too many Salted Carmel Mocha’s at Starbucks before they go away.
- Bake a pumpkin pie from scratch – as in even bake the pumpkin (something I’ve never done before).
- Make as many pumpkin treats from my pinterest board as I can possibly handle (and report back to you on the recipes!)
- Find the perfect leaf garland for the fireplace. <— this is harder than you think!
- Decorate pumpkins. Z is too little to carve, but I’ve found some cute ideas that don’t involve carving that I know he will love!
- Eat spice donuts and drink apple cider
What’s on your Fall bucket list?